Please note: You need to tell me your Wii number before I can add you. I’ve had many people add me yet have neglected to tell me their number, so haven’t been able to complete the registration. Thanks.
Nintendo have just released a new scheme to get everyone’s Wii connected to the Internet. If you help someone get their Wii online, both you and the person you connected get 500 Wii points to spend in the Wii Store (to buy things such as games and channels). Getting your Wii online means that you get access to new channels and content, and be able to download new games too. You can now watch the BBC iPlayer on the Wii, meaning that you can catch up with all BBC programs at any time. It also allows you to play certain titles over the Internet with friends and people all around the world (Mario Kart Wii to name a good one). I was wondering if using this scheme I could help people get their Wii online and in doing so would allow us to both benefit. Take a look here for benefits of getting your Wii online: http://www.nintendo.com/wii/internet
Here is a great tutorial on how to connect your Wii to the Internet: http://us.wii.com/connect/
Once your Wii is up and running and connected to the Internet, follow the steps below to activate the bonus Wii points for both of us:
- Enter the Wii Shop Channel
- On the Wii Shop Channel welcome page there is an icon called ‘Connection Ambassador Promotion’
- Select this icon and you will be prompted by two icons: one showing that you are the Connection Ambassador (or the Helper) and the other icon showing that you are the ‘Person Who Was Helped’
- Select the ‘Person Who Was Helped’ icon
- You will be prompted to enter the Wii Number: 5248-8782-3737-3511
(You must do this within 30 days of accessing the Wii Shop Channel)
Once both parties have registered, you will have received 500 Wii Points on your Wii Shop Channel Accounts to spend in the Wii Shop Channel
Once you have, comment to this post or send me a message with your Wii number (which can be found by following the steps below). I will then enter it in the ‘Connection Ambassador’ section and we can then both earn 500 points to spend on games. You need to enter my Wii number first.
To find out your Wii Number:
- Turn your Wii console on
- Go to the “Wii message board” option located on the lower right hand corner of the Wii menu screen
- Go to the “Create message” option on the lower left hand corner of the screen
- There will be a icon that says “Address book”, go to that option
- Once in the “Address book” option you should see a page with two arrow cursors on each side. Click on the left arrow cursor
- You should see page that says “This console’s Wii number” and at the bottom your Wii number.
Full details can be found Here.
My Wii number is: 5248-8782-3737-3511